by Mikhail Davydov (@mikhail-davydov) on Wednesday, 18 December 2013
- Full talk
- Technical level
WebComponents is a great idea! The problem is that WebComponents API is in working draft...
Why we don't use just Components? Why we are waiting for that Web- prefix? We can use them right now and without havy polyfills! I will show you how to write Components today!
WebComponents's Polyfill is havy and slow. We do not need it to write web applications in Components-way. We could create components since HTML4, CSS1 and ECMAScript3 epoch. But this idea became popular only these days.
There are few key ideas in Components:
- Everything is Component even your app
- Two way data binding
- HTML Imports
Each idea can be implemented with help of familiar tools:
- Everything is Component: NPM, Bower
- Declarative Custom Elements: BEM & OOCSS
- Two-way data binding: AngularJS-style Dirty checking or Accessors (getters and setters)
- HTML Imports: BEM, Loaders and Transpilers
I will show you how to use reusable components today!