by Apoorv Saxena (@apoorv-saxena) on Friday, 6 March 2015
- Technical level
Profile Web Applications to load under 1 second and tackle issues to run them at 60fps
Performance is a Feature, the slower your website loads and displays, the less people will use it directly impacting the growth and revenue of your business.
Yet many people are not able to understand the performance gotchas completely, and don’t make it a part of their deployment process to consider the page load and rendering performance.
Workshop will consist of:
- Comprehensive analysis and discussion of the process to achieve a pagespeed score of 100, with explanation of each point.
- Profiling with Chrome Dev Tools to explore the rendering issues and their respective remedies.
- Discussion of 2-3 case studies of already audited web applications, and discuss their performance remedies as well.
Takeaways for participants:
- In-depth understanding of browser rendering process.
- Profiling of Networking and Rendering Performance of a Webpage using Chrome Dev tools and other tools.
- Learn techniques to consider when coming across issues related to networking/rendering performance, and apply the same in your projects.
- Live Audit of web application will help them understand and overcome the issues related to their page performance.
I expect developers and project managers to be interested in this workshop, and thus require a basic level of understanding of HTML, CSS & JS. Every attendee must also accompany a laptop to perform a Live PerfAudit.
We hate slow and janky websites, every user wants an application to load in less than a second and perform jank-free. PerfAudit is a step towards achieving this goal, by involving the experts and the business owners to find the keyholes hindering the performance of web applications. With every Performance Audit, we not only intend to help make a web application perform fast, but also add our findings to the pool of performance improvements that developers must add into their deployment routine to make evergreen performant applications.