Studying Google Material Design and Exploring how you can take advantage of it today
by Lakshman Prasad (@becomingguru) on Saturday, 7 March 2015
- Application Design – full talk
- Technical level
- To understand various aspects of Google Material Design
- To understand how it can be achieved using CSS
- To explore how it is implemented in some of the Open Source Design frameworks ( implemented using Angularjs, Polymer, React)
- Understand how you can utilize these frameworks today and/or take away parts of the relevant design specs/implementations
Google is out to redesign entirely based on a design language called Material Design. Unified consistent design that works seamlessly across devices and is intutive has been a need of the hour.
In this session we explore the need for such a design language, the various aspects to it, how it can be implemented in your apps today.
Lakshman Prasad works as a Software Architect at a management consulting firm. He has been working to deliver solid technology solutions in the entire stack for the most part of the decade.