Meta Refresh 2018
26-27 October 2018, Bangalore
Status: Accepting submissions
The theme of the 2018 edition will be announced shortly.
We’re looking forward to talks about:
- Tools, Software and plugins to improve your design + code workflow
- Ethics in designing
- Freelance designing
- Workflows followed at your business
- User onboarding
- Tutorials or markup
- Scaling CSS
- GraphQL, REST APIs
- Designing notifications
- Accessibility and Localisation
- Designing native apps
- Consistency across all devices
Criteria to submit a conference proposal
You must be a practising web developer or designer, and must be able to show how your own work has advanced the state of the web in the past year. You are expected to present original work that your peers — this event’s audience — recognise as being notable enough to deserve a stage. If you are excited about someone’s work and believe it deserves wider recognition, we recommend you contact them and ask them to submit a proposal.
Guidelines for submission
Every proposal MUST be accompanied by:
- A three minute preview video where the proposer gives an elevator pitch about the talk.
- Detailed outline of the talk – either in the form of draft slides, mind map and/or textual description.
- If you are proposing to speak on a topic where the code is not open-sourced yet, the editorial panel will consider your proposal only if the code is made open-source at least three weeks before the conference.
Without the above information, your proposal will not be considered for review.
If you are submitting a Workshop Proposal, you must clearly state:
- Background knowledge that participants must possess in order to attend your workshop.
- Details and links to software / packages which participants must install before coming to the workshop.
- Laptop configuration.
- Links to background reading material and GitHub repos.
- Duration of the workshop.
- Maximum number of participants who can attend your workshop.
- Instructor’s past experience with conducting workshops.
There is only one speaker per session. Workshops can have more two or more instructors.
Entry is free for confirmed speakers.
If you are an outstation speaker, HasGeek will do its best to provide a grant that covers part of your travel and accommodation expenses in Bangalore, subject to budgetary constraints. Grants are made available only to speakers delivering full sessions (40 minutes or longer) and workshops.
The 2018 edition is a multi-track event with the following session formats:
- Full length talks of 40 minutes
- Crisp talk of 15 minutes
- Workshops of 3-6 hours
- Off the Record sessions (OTR)
Deadline for submitting proposals: TBD
Conference date: 26-27 October, 2018
Meta Refresh will be held at the NIMHANS Convention Center, Bangalore
For more information about speaking proposals, tickets and sponsorships, write to email@example.com or call +9107676332020
|1||Understanding UX (and UI) – a practitioner's perspective|
|Nakul Shenoy (@nakulshenoy)||Full talk||Beginner||2||0||Fri, 15 Jun|